The following is Ferguson Construction’s Economic Inclusion Program which is designed and dedicated to include and help develop Minority, Women, Disadvantaged/Disabled or Veteran owned Business Enterprises in the construction industry. This process allows Ferguson to better support its customers’ expectations in obtaining specific inclusion goals as identified on a project-by-project basis.
Ferguson is committed to the value of diversity and equal opportunity in all of our endeavors. Our strong belief of inclusion is committed to create and foster an environment for the development of mutually beneficial relationships and opportunities with diversity of subcontractors and suppliers. Ferguson Construction recognizes the importance to further expand and grow our diversity base of subcontractors and suppliers by utilizing some of the following goals and objectives
Identify and conference with potential diversity companies (subcontractors/suppliers) with the appropriate certifications in the various construction trades and divisions of work.
- Build our network base and establish contacts throughout the year, in which we actively target outreach events and build partnerships with various advocacy organizations, participating in selected conferences, awards ceremonies, capacity-building events, and business opportunity fairs on (the local/ regional level): that are in Ferguson’s service area- which may include organizations such as: Miami Valley Urban League, South Central Minority Supplier Diversity Council, Chamber of Dayton Minority Business Partnership and Ohio Minority Supplier Diversity Council.
Successfully identify potential companies: minority and women –owned subcontractors/suppliers to assist in obtaining diversity certifications by engaging in mentorship relationships to create long-term sustainable partnerships.
- Organize and facilitate inclusion meetings between various Ferguson Construction department managers and managerial personnel of diversity businesses. This yields opportunities to build strategic relationships for participation for growth of business partnerships.
Keep a current and accurate data base to be used in selection of qualified and Ferguson approved diversity owned businesses: this data base will be used in RFP’s on various construction projects. Continually updating the Subcontractors/Supplier Information Form on a continual basis.
- Supports and assistance to identify a group of companies that are seeking opportunities for mentoring, this allows Ferguson personally to assist in meetings in areas such as: field management, estimating, financial and administrative development needs.
- Establish annual goals and objectives which will be reviewed with Ferguson’s President and advisory committee. Provide a written progress report which will be submitted bi-annually for review by Ferguson’s Executive Committee.
- Maintain recordkeeping for Supplier Diversity Compliance Programs for select customers and associates.