Ferguson Construction Company is seeking to add a Professional Engineer or Engineer in training. candidate to our tight-knit, interdisciplinary team. Ferguson Construction is a premier, regional, Design-Build contractor that has constructed a wide variety of projects throughout Ohio and Indiana for more than 100 years!
The position will report to, and work side by side with Managing Architect to provide high-quality, full-service, design-build services to our clients. Functioning as a small to medium design department with internal architectural, and civil design staff, the position will work with our current civil designers to design and draft a variety of projects including industrial, commercial, retail, restaurants, aviation, and religious buildings from zoning review and preliminary site layout through construction documents.
- Work with current civil designers to direct design, and draft site layout, grading, storm, and sanitary systems, and review drawings.
- Design and help draft shallow building foundations, and equipment pits as well as asphalt, and concrete paving and slabs.
- Design, and help draft basic, conventional steel framed buildings, and on occasion review supplier shop drawings.
- Work with current civil designers to obtain local zoning, and EPA permits as well as any variances required. Attendance and support at occasional zoning meetings as required.
- Coordinate, oversee, and manage internal survey crews.
- Review and seal civil drawings, as well as shallow foundation, and simple conventional steel structural drawings.
- The position will work with customers, zoning officials, outside consultants, subcontractors, and suppliers as well as our internal staff of:
- Architectural and Civil Designers
- Operations Staff
- Site Superintendents
- Must be a Professional Engineer or Engineer in Training with the ability to obtain a license within 1-2 years, with a Bachelor of Science in Civil or Structural Engineering
- 3+ years of experience
- Proficient and well versed in Civil 3D/AutoCAD, Revit experience a plus
- Must have problem-solving skills, an understanding of construction, and a willingness to meet with our customers to understand their civil and/or structural design needs.
- Organized with good communication skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented, with a customer focus
**Ferguson Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a full benefits package including Medical/Dental/Vision, 401k, and Life, as well as profit sharing and bonuses.