Ferguson Construction is a well-established general contractor that has been in business for over 100 years. We specialize in industrial and commercial work and along with our in house design department, we also have many self-performing skilled labor crews.
As an estimator you will be responsible for developing conceptual budgets and firm price proposals along with a variety of other pre-construction tasks for both the design/build and plan/spec projects.
The ideal candidate will possess a majority of the followings qualifications:
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Overall understanding and background knowledge in architectural, structural, civil, mechanical and electrical disciplines.
- Strong attention to detail with an auditing mentality in analyzing both the mathematical and scope portions of estimating.
- Understanding of how estimating supports construction operations.
- Ability to multi task and work on multiple projects in different phases of the estimating process.
- Conceptual thinking ability to think outside the plans/specs to know what isn’t shown.
- Ability to plan ahead and perform under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Proficient knowledge in quantity take off and estimating software, preferably in On Screen Takeoff and Sage Estimating programs.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, or similar technical training/experience preferred.
Essential job duties as an Estimator with Ferguson Construction include:
- Responsibility of the entire estimate process while potentially working in collaboration with other estimators, sales and project managers to develop a full and complete estimate.
- Evaluation of plans and bid documents to determine level of completion, risk issues (along with the magnitude of such issues) and to develop the necessary questions that may need to be asked for a complete proposal.
- Subcontractor solicitation, follow up and quote evaluation.
- Quantity takeoffs for both subcontractor and self-perform scopes of works.
- Developing subcontractor checklists to identify completeness, inclusions, scope gaps & overlaps to determine who has best overall proposal.
- Set up and lead job walk throughs and communicate any necessary project scope changes that may come up during the estimate process.
- Identifying potential value engineering opportunities.
- Proposal and specification writing.
- Build effective relationships with customers, internal company teams (design, business development, operations, etc.) subcontractors, specialty contractors, suppliers and user groups that reflect and support company core values.
- Developing the necessary information to hand off to operations after project award to ensure a smooth and timely transition.
- Track, analyze and compare historical cost data to current costs for use in budgeting, rule of thumb checks and firm pricing.
Ferguson Construction offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, life and disability insurance, vacation, 401k, profit sharing and bonus opportunities. Full benefits package can be discussed during the interview process. Resumes can be submitted through www.ferguson-construction.com or call Brooke Tucker at (937) 498-2381.
Ferguson Construction Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex or age.