Operates tractor equipped with a concave blade, or bucket to gouge out, level, and distribute earth and rocks from land preparatory to constructing roads and buildings by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Fastens attachments to the tractor with clevis or wedge pin hitches.
- Connects hydraulic hoses, belts, mechanical linkage, or power takeoff shaft to tractor to provide power to raise, lower, or tilt attachment.
- Moves levers to control tool bars, carriers, and disks.
- Moves levers and depresses pedals to maneuver tractor and raise, lower, and tilt attachment to clear right-of-way.
- Greases, oils, and performs minor repairs on tractor.
- Demonstrate the proper use and care of any hand tools
- Required to read blueprints to perform simple layout under direct supervision.
- Required to maintain a good driving record, current driver’s license, and Class A CDL license.
- Required to drive a dump truck, including pulling trailers to transport equipment as necessary.
- Required to operate various types of forklifts when needed on a constant or tougher level.
- Required to perform daily preventive maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Required to load and unload various types of equipment, such as the backhoe, dozer, and forklifts.
- Required to service the assigned equipment in the field or properly notify the mechanic if removed from the field.
- Required to operate a backhoe and dozer on a professional level and continue to improve.
- Required to understand detailed blueprints, including details to perform layout work to be checked by job project superintendent. Duties include layout steel building and knowing the relationship of pmts to erection.
- Required to maneuver dump truck as needed as well as drive the crane.
- Required to operate crane when needed and when selected by the Manager of Field Construction Services. Responsible for daily preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and be capable to spot potential problem areas.
- Required to load and unload various pieces of equipment and capable of loading and hauling difficult loads to be moved by truck or trailers.
- Required to service the piece of assigned equipment in the field, excluding the crane.
- Required to operate all Ferguson equipment and rented equipment on a professional level.
- Required to dig footings to proper depth and size to limit concrete and gravel overruns.
- Required to finish grade for floor slabs with a dozer to a plus or minus one-half inch.
Directs CW helper. Carries out directions in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, directing work;
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
- Design – Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Technical Skills – Pursues training and development opportunities; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures.
- Judgement – Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Motivation – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing- Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for their actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Keeps commitments.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variances.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current driver’s licenses
- 10 Hour OSHA
- Rough terrain forklift certification
- Aerial lift certification
- Required to maintain a good driving record and Class A CDL license with air.
- Must be willing to travel to job locations.
- Meet attendance level to equal or exceed that of supervision.
- Must work in other trades as needed.
- Must have required FCC tool list.
- Work with others in a harmonious way and maintain a pleasant attitude.
- Demonstrate proper use of company tools and equipment.
- Work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Demonstrate the proper use of personal protective equipment.
- Perform any general maintenance or cleanup work.
- Perform any demolition work.
- Attend appropriate training courses when requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and [or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to high, precarious places and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Ferguson Construction Company is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age.We are no longer accepting applications for this position. Contact us for more details.