Ferguson Construction is a well-established general contractor that has been in business for over 100 years. We specialize in industrial and commercial work and along with our in house design depart\ment, we also have many self-performing skilled labor crews.
As an Estimator / Project Manager, you will be responsible for developing conceptual budgets and firm price proposals along with a variety of other pre-construction tasks. Upon project award, you will procure materials, coordinate suppliers and vendors, work closely with Field Personnel to develop a project schedule, and monitor project Safety, Quality, Budget and change management.
The ideal candidate will possess a majority of the followings qualifications:
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Overall understanding and background knowledge in architectural, structural, civil, mechanical and electrical disciplines.
- Strong attention to detail with an auditing mentality in analyzing both financial and scope portions of a project.
- Ability to multi task and work on multiple projects in different phases.
- Conceptual thinking ability to think outside the plans/specs.
- Ability to plan and prioritize.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Clear communication with internal staff and external clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, or similar technical training/experience preferred.
- Minimum of 5 to 6 years of experience as an Estimator or Project Manager within the construction industry.
Essential job duties as an Estimator or Project Manager with Ferguson Construction include:
- Evaluation of plans and bid documents to determine level of completion, risk issues (along with the magnitude of such issues) and to develop the necessary questions that may need asked for a complete proposal.
- Subcontractor solicitation, follow up and quote evaluation.
- Quantity takeoffs for both subcontractor and self-perform scopes of works.
- Set up and lead job walk throughs and communicate any necessary project scope changes that may come up during the estimate process.
- Identifying potential value engineering opportunities.
- Proposal and specification writing.
- Ensure adherence to all FCC standard operating procedures.
- Build effective relationships with customers, internal / external design team, specialty contractors, supplies and user groups that reflect and support company core values.
- Project Scheduling and coordination with FCC Field Personnel and vendors.
- Communication with Owner / Client.
- Analyze completed projects to compare estimated cost to actual costs and determine reason for any discrepancies.
Ferguson Construction offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, life and disability insurance, vacation, 401k, profit sharing and bonus opportunities. Full benefits package can be discussed during the interview process. Resumes can be submitted through www.ferguson-construction.com or call Brooke Tucker at (937) 498-2381.
Ferguson Construction Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex or age.