Senior Estimator Position Overview
Ferguson Construction is a self-performing, design build General Contractor that has been in business for over 100 years. Ferguson specializes in heavy industrial and commercial work including university and medical projects.
Ferguson Construction is looking for an energetic and self-motivated Senior Estimator to manage the estimating department for our Dayton Office. The Senior Estimator will work directly with the Vice President and General Manager for the Dayton office. Responsibilities would include but are not limited to creating budgets, overseeing the estimating process for projects in addition to analyzing previous projects that have been completed.
• Supervise a small team of estimators
• Working knowledge of conceptual estimating
• Identify scope of work per each trade, as well as risk assessment per each estimate
• Review self-perform take-offs, subcontract quotes, general conditions, and add-ons
• Proficient knowledge of estimating software, preferably Sage 300, and advanced excel skills. Transition spreadsheet-driven work to system-based.
• Ensure subcontractor database is current
• Build relationships with customers, design teams, contractors, and suppliers
• Coordinate with corporate estimating department and operations as needed
• Complete plan and specification and design build estimates bid packages
• Evaluate estimated cost to final construction cost of projects completed
• Organized with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Prefer experience in West Central Ohio market
• Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
• Project management experience would be beneficial
• Architectural and civil engineering understanding
• General understanding and background in construction cost
• Preferred background in schematic estimating
• Bachelor’s Degree – Engineering, Construction Management or similar technical training/experience
• Minimum of 5-6 years’ experience as an Estimator within the construction industry.
Ferguson Construction Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age.